Recurring Themes in Learning Disabilities
Coming soon! TeachingLD will be publishing a series of brief papers explaining core concepts about LD. Here are some of the topics we anticipate addressing:
- Learning Disability is an interdisciplinary field of research and practice that is international and multicultural in scope.
- Learning Disability is in part a social construction.
- Learning Disabilities vary in severity and pervasiveness.
- Individuals with specific Learning Disabilities form a demographically diverse group.
- A primary responsibility of educators is to minimize the contribution of poor teaching to Learning Disabilities.
- Advances in the field of Learning Disabilities come through careful, persistent research.
- Learning Disabilities designate a heterogeneous group of disorders.