Student Posters on Display at DLD Reception
Upcoming DLD Graduate Student Poster Session
The Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center in Nashville, TN will house the Division of Learning Disabilities reception on Thursday April 22nd. During this time DLD graduate students will showcase current research projects during a poster session. Eight posters will be highlighted covering timely topics for the field of LD. The following students’ research will be showcased during this reception:
- Kristen Beach, University of California, Riverside The Identification and Impact of Teacher Effectiveness on Reading Achievement for Average and “At-risk” Readers in the Primary Grades.
- Catherine Creighton Thompson, George Mason University, Parents' Perceptions of the Individualized Education Program Process.
- Nicholas Gage, University of Missouri, A Latent Growth Model of Early Numeracy Proficiency.
- Mary P. Guckert, George Mason University Informing Current Practices in the Special Education Classroom
- Jia Huang, University of Miami Construct Validity and Predictive Power of the Math Problem Solving Self- Efficacy
- Nancy Irby, George Mason University Teaching Persuasive Writing to Elementary and Middle School Students with and without Disabilities
- Katie Pugh, University of Missouri mCLASS®:Math Assessment for Students in K-3: Examining Teacher Ratings as one Measure of Criterion Validity
- Stacey L. Smith, Texas A&M University Progress Monitoring in Science with Key Word Vocabulary